Welcome to Camp Little Notch!
A Brief History of CLN
Camp Little Notch (CLN) is a magical forest located at the base of the Adirondacks in upstate New York. Situated on 2300 acres of pristine wilderness, including an 80-acre private lake, CLN provides the perfect setting for outdoor adventure, personal growth, new friendships, and community building.
For 70 years—from 1939 to 2008—the Girl Scouts owned and operated Camp Little Notch (CLN) as a summer camp for girls. In 2008, the Girl Scout Council decided to close CLN and sell the property. Upon learning of the impending sale, an energetic group of former campers and staff—who believed CLN could and should reopen—formed Friends of Camp Little Notch (Friends of CLN), the non-profit organization that now operates CLN. Friends of CLN has successfully conserved the property through a relationship with the Open Space Institute (OSI) and are in the process of purchasing a portion of this extraordinary land from OSI.
Generations of campers spent many life-changing summers at CLN. Many of them are still connected to CLN and are members of Friends of Camp Little Notch. CLN quietly waited since 2008 to welcome campers back to its magical forest and the dedicated volunteers, generous supporters, Friends of Camp Little Notch Board of Directors, staff, and members made this dream a reality! Camp Little Notch reopened to campers in 2012.
We can't wait to see you at Camp Little Notch in 2014!
Questions? Please contact email@example.com.